Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Voice in the Wilderness

A voice crying in the wilderness, that's me.  I know people find romance and money sometimes on the internet, but can a schmendrick like me find a job from advertising on his own personal blog?  Let's find out:
Here's the deal.  I'm currently the publicity director for Culpepper & Merrweather Circus.  Have been so for the past two years, with winters off -- and starving.  My previous work includes circus ringmaster, circus clown, Ronald McDonald, English teacher in Thailand, tax collector in Utah, telemarketer in Minnesota, pantomime artist in Mexico, and radio news director in Sheldon, Iowa.  Eclectic, to say the least.
So what kind of work am I looking for, hmmm?
Probably radio again -- I like the sound of my own voice.
Now we get to the tricky part.  How much personal information should I post on my blog so a potential employer can contact me, without leaving myself wide open to the nut-jobs that cruise the internet looking for goslings like me?  Tell ya what I'm goin' to do . . . I post my name, snail mail address and email address.  Anyone interested in hiring yours truly can write or email.  I'll respond to any legitimate query:
 
Tim Torkildson
PO Box 813
Hugo  OK  74743
 
Now, if you use my email please put "potential employer" in the subject heading so I'll know not to flush it immediately as spam.
 


Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!

No comments: