Sunday, November 30, 2008

Season's Greetings






I'll be home for Christmas;
I can't afford to go
anywhere that's warmer
and lacks a foot of snow.
The radio is blaring
those shop-worn Xmas tunes,
shriveling my goodwill
into a heap of prunes.
I'm getting awful tired
of all those silver bells,
crooning about sleigh rides
my ear drums greatly swells.
Rudolph, take your red nose
and stick it you-know-where;
Frosty, I've a blow torch
to part your snowy hair.
Yodeling of Santa
won't make me a good boy,
not when it's repeated
in volumes that annoy.
Elvis singing carols
is not much of a treat;
I am now allergic
to the Nutcracker Suite.
Christmas would be better,
the Season would be bright,
if we had less clamor
and much more Silent Night.


Color coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email. Sign up today.

Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.

No comments: