Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Free Lunch






The free lunch is a figment of a fairy tale, you say?
Nobody ever gets one in this common workaday.
Brother, I've got news for you that might come as a shock --
free lunches are as common as our noon-time table talk.
Legislatures vote themselves free lunches every day;
grown-up kids who live at home will never have to pay;
celebrities and journalists who know just how to schmooze
not only get their luncheons free but also get free booze.
Athletes get a free nosh, as do astronauts and preachers;
me, I get a hot dog which I pay for in the bleachers.
Bankers and the Wall Street gang eat free without suggestion
that their gluttony might lead to mighty indigestion.
The Free Lunch syndrome sure has spread -- 'most everybody's got it.
I should know, cuz I'm the guy who normally has bought it.



Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out.

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.

No comments: