Saturday, December 29, 2007

timerick

        ODE TO IDLENESS

 

When I was young, ambitious and stupid

I could barely clothe myself

As well as Cupid.

Now I'm older, lazy and stupider

But if I want I can dress up

Like Jupiter.

And the sweat of my brow

Dried up long long ago

When I learned to unwind

And take everything slow.

My hands always idle –

The Devil's mayhap.

But when he comes calling

I'm taking a nap.

Yes, labor and I parted ways

When I noticed

How happier folks were

When they are lotused.

A cup of hot chocolate

And newspaper spread

Will last me all day

As I wallow in bed.

We all would do well

To inspect the staid sloth

Who moves very little

And never is croth.

Those who are busy

Who travel

Who work

Have never discovered

The joy of a lurk.

A lurk where you sit back

And watch others toil

To pay off their taxes

Or impress a goil.

A lurk is a lark is

The luck of the draw.

So if you're a camel

Who's reached the last straw

I invite you to green fields

Where you can relax

And watch the poor ant

Working off its thorax.

Laze and the world lazes with you.

Work and you work alone.

Your demanding boss

Will not share the moss –

Remember that old rolling stone!



The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360 Console. Get it now!

No comments: