Monday, August 16, 2010

Please Verify Your Account

I'm sending lots of emails, like a maven I can click

On buttons or on icons – I believe I'm pretty slick.

I'm surfing and I've googled ev'rything from this to that;

I follow links tenaciously – I'm no tame pussy cat.

But in the midst of commenting or ordering online

I'm stopped dead in the water by a screen that's so malign.

To prove I'm not a spammer I must copy down a set

Of letters that were carried by a camel from Tibet –

At least that's how they look to me, all scrambled and unclear;

Before my bleary eyes they never seem to much cohere. 

Is that a "P" or could it be a sorta, kinda, "8"?

And what's this little doo-dad?  (Please remember my heart rate!)

Upper case or lower case?  I really cannot tell.

And this here smudgy thingum can go straight on down to hell!

After twenty minutes I give up – I feel forsook.

The internet's a racket – think I'll go and read a book.

No matter what I'm reading I have no need to surmount

Anything that's asking me to verify my account.

No comments: