Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My New Monopoly Game






I like to play Monopoly
to sooth my shattered nerves.
It helps to keep me cool and calm
at vanishing reserves.
When the wolf is at the door
he might as well come in
to join me in a game or two;
he's practically my kin.
Instead of Baltic Avenue
our Skid Row is Wall Street,
where brokers and their cronies
drink their Lysol cold and neat.
The railroads now are airlines,
and you buy them at your peril,
since customers are flying high
in nothing but a barrel.
All the houses that you buy
go quickly to foreclosure
and your bank account is dry,
a victim of exposure.
Utilities are worthless
but you buy them anyway,
repackage them with sea shells
and then offer on eBay.
Take all the risks you want to
with the new game and no doubt
you'll still come out a winner
cuz Barack will bail you out!
 



Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail. See how it works.

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. See how it works.

No comments: