Friday, January 30, 2009

Billable Hours






I can't say I like lawyers; that would be gross perjury.
The reason is the hours billed so they collect a fee.
When they pass the bar exam I don't think it entails
basing all their practice on a pace that's set by snails.
The longer that they work a case the more they can get paid,
and when the client gets the bill he feels he's been waylaid.
The plumber does not spend a year to fix a faucet leak.
A taxi takes the shortest route (okay, that one is weak).
I think the best-paid lawyers ought to be ones who work quick
and not those with the mindset of your foot-dragging goldbrick.
In fact I hope the day soon comes when lawyers, short and tall,
are only paid whey they are not out practicing at all!


Windows Live™ Hotmail®:…more than just e-mail. Check it out.

Windows Live™ Hotmail®:…more than just e-mail. Check it out.

No comments: