Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Phone Book


 



The phone book is an item we can do without, I scold;
it's heavy and it's awkward and it's worth its weight in mold.
The last time that I used mine was to squash a centipede
that was strolling 'cross my kitchen floor at irritating speed.
When seating junior members of the family for a meal
the phone book comes in handy, otherwise I truly feel
those yellowed pages are absurd and just get in the way;
you just might get a hernia from lifting it some day.
I can think of better ways of using up a tree
than printing scores of pages that no one will ever see.


See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life. See Now

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn "10 hidden secrets" from Jamie. Learn Now

No comments: