Sunday, May 10, 2009

Books


 



The bookstore casts a thorough spell,
one I don't resist too well.
My budget very far from spry,
I vow no more good books I'll buy.
But like a drunkard at the bar,
I'll ne'er admit I've gone too far.
And so great stacks of books recline
against my walls like tropic vine,
damaging the joints and studs --
to me, no books are ever duds.
Whether old or modern tomes,
Stephen King or Sherlock Holmes,
illustrated or quite plain,
giving solace, causing pain,
puzzling or crystal clear,
inexpensive, very dear --
all are welcomed, read and stored
on rough shelves of splintered board.
Someday around my ears they'll bring
a deadly crush -- but where's the sting?
Entombed by books, my shroud a page
of something droll -- most blessed cage!
in which to wait the end of days;
the angels I shall all amaze
with learning, wit, and savoir faire,
as I fly up into the air.


Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.

Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how.

No comments: