Thursday, March 6, 2008

lullaby

LULLABY

 

Say your prayers, my darling child, it's time for beddy-bye.

But mommy, who's that poor old man I see begin to cry?

Do not fret, my honey, that is just old Huckabee;

He is mad at God for John McCain's great victory.

Will John McCain be President – is he a real nice man?

My child, if life were cereal then he would be the bran.

Mommy, leave the light on please –I'm so scared of the dark.

The Obama man will get me; he has teeth just like a shark!

Shame on you, my daughter, for such nonsense in your head!

The Obama man is toothless – those are polls inside his head.

Can I be President today if no one else is picked?

Daughter, you'll be President when all the men are licked.

Can I move my bedtime back and say just what I please?

Dear heart, in the White House you must map out every sneeze.

Now go to bed, my kewpie doll, and dream of sugar plums . . .

The food shelf closed its doors last week, I must go sweep for crumbs.



Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Get it now!

No comments: