Monday, May 12, 2008

channel changing

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome

Is most likely on the way,

Since channel-surfing is the sport

I play most every day.

Gripping the remote so hard

My knuckles turn to white,

Searching for that station

With a decent show tonight.

I get sixty channels

But no matter how I try

Law & Order's all I find,

Or maybe Family Guy.

Cooking shows proliferate,

The infomercial reigns;

The first leaves me with nausea,

The second with migraines.

Clicking like a madman

I breeze past the baseball game.

CNN is in a rut,

The Travel Channel's lame.

My attention span has shrunk

To that of a first grader.

I bubble with impatience

Like a coffee percolator.

Soon the channels are a blur . . .

How deeply I regret

Selling off my library

To buy this TV set.



Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™ Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics. Check it out!

No comments: