Thursday, May 1, 2008

middle age music

My body makes a lot of noise;

It whistles, snorts and creaks,

Not to mention gurgles from

The plumbing when it leaks.

I haven't got a notion

Why this cacophony does reign

From the bunions on my feet

To my poor spongy brain.

My knees go off like rifle shots

When I am on the stairs.

My stomach growls when I'm sharp set

Like angry polar bears.

Castanets inhabit

Portions of my lower jaw.

When I take a nap you'd think

I'd swallowed a buzz saw.

It seems as I grow older

All this racket does increase.

I ought to get a tune up

And my joints could use some grease.

If I could modulate the sound --

 Oh, wouldn't it be grand! --

I'd be the finest and foremost

Symphonic one-man-band.



Make i'm yours. Create a custom banner to support your cause.

No comments: