Thursday, May 15, 2008

medication nation

MEDICATION NATION

 

Grandma's off her meds again;

I don't know what to do.

She thinks that she is Sparky

Living at the Como Zoo.

Uncle Ed's prescription

Has him broken out in hives;

But at least he's stopped

Collecting rusty butcher knives.

Cousin Jane takes laxatives

When constipation nears;

She hasn't left her bathroom

In about a dozen years.

I take aspirin for my heart,

And something to aide sleep;

I won't risk infarction

While I'm counting all those sheep.

Diet pills and fish oil

We consume just like a snack.

The vitamins my family takes

Would fill a gunny sack.

The kids are dosed with Ritalin

To keep them calm and focused.

Pharmacies have got us all

Completely hocus-pocused.

Even with a discount

My finances grow too lean;

I need a drug to turn my purse

A healthy shade of green!



Make Windows Vista more reliable and secure with Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Learn more.

No comments: