Saturday, May 31, 2008

timericks

Does anybody really know

What Doppler radar means,

With all those blobs of color

On our television screens?

It seems more like Picasso,

Jackson Pollock, or Van Gogh,

Than scientific weather

Showing rain or blizzard snow.

Why not have a kindergartner

Finger paint the map?

It would look more vivid

And might even make me clap.

I wonder what comes next

With this artistic weather fad,

Polka-dot high pressure

Or some fog tricked out in plaid?

 

 

 

The DOT has magic codes,

Closing only certain roads

On which I want to travel –

Turning my vacation time

Into futile pantomime

As my plans unravel.

Silently I must detour

Never being really sure

That I'm on the right way.

And so, you wicked DOT,

You are only mocking me;

All your signs, they ought to be:

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT PLAY



Give to a good cause with every e-mail. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.

No comments: