Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Immigrant Illegal


 



The immigrant illegal is a bogeyman of sorts;
haunting us at work, at play, and even in our courts.
As economic crisis deepens all across the land
our fear of this poor fellow is continually fanned
by demagogues and red necks and the mindless hoi polloi,
who claim they steal the coconut from every Almond Joy.
Overworked, exploited, and in fear of deportation;
the immigrant illegal knows about humiliation.
They do the dirty work that solid citizens abhor;
when they're sick and crippled we just shove them out the door.
Oh immigrant illegal, I don't wish you any harm;
neither do I think you have abundance of great charm.
I wonder how your country would react if I were there,
without a proper visa, living off the thin blue air?
I don't think they would welcome me with open arms and smiles;
instead they'd have me working behind bars on large rock piles.
When I'm abroad I have to put up with so much red tape --
why do you deserve all that malarkey to escape?


Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.

No comments: