Monday, March 23, 2009

The Medicine Cabinet


 

From: tork49@hotmail.com
To: kimode@startribune.com
Subject: The Medicine Cabinet
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:16:41 +0000

I don't think that I can rest
'til I clean out the medicine chest.
There's stuff in there as old as dirt;
I hope to heck it is inert.
Vick's Vapo-Rub that stood the shock
of Vietnam and then Woodstock.
Ipecac that seems to be
from the Truman Presidency.
My grandma had these for her ills --
Carter's Little Liver Pills.
Chewable aspirin so decayed,
now it's just as hard as jade.
Band-aids with a sickly curl,
dating back to Milton Berle.
The Antique Road Show might aspire
some of these bottles to acquire.
Ah, the memories that tug
from my dad's old shaving mug!
And these tweezers that I trust
still are safe despite the rust.
I'll notify the state -- they might
declare it all an Historical Site.
 



Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.

No comments: