Friday, July 31, 2009

The Expat's Lament

Protect me from my government, oh Lord, I daily pray.

From immigration Nazis who might send me far away.

From IRS officials who suspect my every move

Conceals a priceless treasure I have stolen from the Louvre.

From defenders of the Homeland who will beat me with a stick

If they hear me speaking just a tad of Arabic.

From wiretapping dim bulbs that record my every sigh

And child support vampires that have almost drained me dry.

From bellicose behavior by the paunchy Pentagon

That puts my kids in danger for a State Department con.

From red tape and corruption and the rule of bureaucrats

Who pout and sulk and pinch and nap like snotty little brats.

The only patriots I know have lined their pockets well.

They love their country's money and I hope they go to hell.

Protect me from my government, oh Lord, I daily plead

And grant me a firm lawyer who can all their plots impede.



Share your memories online with anyone you want anyone you want.

No comments: