Sunday, July 26, 2009

from the real tim torkildson


When I was young and quick to judge,

My black and white would never budge.

Today I do not judge at all.

Since I am part of Adam's Fall

I pick up stones, though not to toss,

But smooth the way for someone's cross.

One less stumble on this earth

Gives to Heaven ample mirth.

 

 

The longer I am in the car the more snacks I'm consuming,

Until the floor with chips and bags is practically blooming.

A sip of pop, the cup tips o'er; fat ice cubes go a-sliding.

Mixed with candy wrappers, too – on compost I am riding!

Honey-roasted almonds skitter all around my feet;

I think I smell a Slim Jim underneath the driver's seat.

Is that the hotdog I forgot last Tuesday at the drive-in?

That mustard packet has grown legs – oh, what's the use of strivin'?

I'll never get this buggy clean—last night my own mechanic

Said this would be the first car he could certify organic!


--
TEFL International - Admissions
http://www.tefllife.com  

"The world is your classroom."

No comments: