Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Big Fat Magazines






Magazines grow thicker
with each issue that I get;
with "Special Advertising
Sections", to my sore regret.
Once there was an elegant
and oh so svelte New Yorker;
now it's padded out into
a coarse and bloated porker.
I never read that garbage,
the page numbers it confounds
so the article I've started
suddenly is out of bounds.
It is not upon the back page
nor the pages inbetween.
Subscription cards are all I find;
their number is obscene.
Like baseball, magazines should be
encouraged to detect
all bulking-up material,
which they will then eject.
Maybe then I can complete
an article I've started
instead of playing Moses
 with the sea of ads I've parted.


Send e-mail anywhere. No map, no compass. Get your Hotmail® account now.

You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. Learn more about Windows Live

No comments: