Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fourth Grade






Fourth grade science never was
a subject I was good at.
It was something, if displayed,
I gladly would throw wood at.
Math was also rather flat
and always uninviting.
Recess I excelled at --
'twas always so exciting!
I was just a normal kid
who didn't pay attention --
daydreaming of monsters from
some Martian fourth dimension.
Any tests we ever had
were pretty doggone easy --
such as "Name the other dwarfs
with Dopey, Doc, and Sneezy."
But today fourth graders must
be smarter than Sir Newton;
they take tests on everything
from string theory to gluten.
Keeping straight the difference 'tween
a black hole and a pulsar
I think gives those little kids
the makings of an ulcer.


You live life online. So we put Windows on the web. Learn more about Windows Live

Send e-mail anywhere. No map, no compass. Get your Hotmail® account now.

No comments: