Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Light Bulb & the Battery






The light bulb and the battery
are things I need but never see.
I know I've bought some recently,
but where they've gone's a mystery.
The kitchen drawer yields up to me
some string, toothpicks, and cutlery;
the porch is checked out stoically --
there isn't room to hide a flea.
And my garage is futilely
ransacked unto the nth degree.
So in the basement frantically
I search up high, on bended knee,
but come up with a nullity
of light bulbs and the battery.
Oh, somewhere in this fine country
exists a home, confusion-free,
where dwells a happy family
who's organized so thoroughly
that they could find a single pea
if under mattress or TV.
I wish them all felicity
as my house grows more slippery.



It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.

No comments: