Sunday, December 7, 2008

Eggs






Which came first, the chicken
or the egg -- I do not know.
What is certain is that eggs
are costing much more dough.
When you buy a carton now
the price is nearly double
what it was two years ago --
and that spells lots of trouble.
Trouble for the baker
and the cafe on the corner;
trouble for the homemaker,
who seems to be chief mourner.
Finger-pointing for the cause
is like a carousel --
everyone's to blame
and yet are innocent as well.
The goose who laid the golden egg
is not a fairy tale --
now when by the dozen
they bleed pocketbooks quite pale.
I have the solution,
so I will not moan and grown;
I shall simply hunker down
and start to lay my own!


Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.

No comments: