Monday, December 22, 2008

The Impound Lot






I work down at the impound lot;
it calls for guts and daring.
I pride myself on attitude;
my idol's Hermann Goering.
I love to help the people who
redeem their ancient wrecks
by cheerfully reminding them
we won't accept their checks.
When the temp falls well below
the zero mark, I cheer,
and make the people wait outdoors
for nearly half a year.
I keep no pen or paper 'round
for all these suffering folk.
There is no lavatory
and the pop machine is broke.
The work sure is exhausting
and I need a coffee break
every forty minutes
or I might not stay awake.
I know some people hate me,
tho' I cannot figure why --
I dole out simple justice
(and depression on the sly).
Don't try being rude with me --
your effort goes for naught
because I'll tell you that your car
is at another lot.
My job is so important
to the city and the nation --
helping people use much more
of public transportation!


It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.

It's the same Hotmail®. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.

No comments: