Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer School

To a boy the summer stretches out, an endless pool

Of delight, of pleasure, until there's summer school.

Birds may flit from tree to tree and baseball games do rule

But not if you're a dunce chained up inside a summer school.

The morning sun is drained of joy, your parents just a tool

Of those darker forces that dumped you in summer school.

They may call it arts and crafts but I was never fooled

About the bondage that occurred when I was summer-schooled.

A prison pallor crept o'er me and I began to drool –

My spittle all that I produced while trapped in summer school.

Reeking of stale chalk dust, met with teachers in a duel,

The boredom was a living thing inside of summer school.

Missing out on so much fun made me a little ghoul,

Creeping down the corridors of rotten summer school.

Parents I beseech you to obey this golden rule –

Send your kids to summer camp but not to summer school.

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.

No comments: