Wednesday, June 25, 2008

car commercials

How I hate commercials

Showing all those brand-new cars –

Do they think my lifestyle

Is the same as movie stars?

And all those acrobatics,

When upon a dime it stops –

If I tried such shenanigans

I'd be dead meat for cops.

Now, inside all these buggies

There are gizmos past belief;

They guide you, test your blood pressure,

Advise on tax relief.

Everything is leather,

Solid gold or platinum;

The only thing that's missing

Is a place to park my gum.

Innuendo hints that if I

Do not buy the brand,

My IQ is deficient

And my pants are filled with sand.

But buying their jalopy,

I would need to raise more dough

Than the whole darn GNP

Of well-heeled Monaco.

So when such ads are on the air

I simply change the channel

To something less expensive but

Most likely just as banal.



Need to know now? Get instant answers with Windows Live Messenger. IM on your terms.

No comments: