Monday, June 9, 2008

timericks

"Disposable income", you'll learn,

is not all the money you earn.

But, sadly, instead,

What's left when you're bled

By Uncle Sam at every turn.

 

 

 

The boat has sailed,

The barn door's shut,

The night has come,

I'm in a rut.

Ambition's dim;

Hope long deferred

Leaves me behind

The common herd.

I'll buckle down,

Fill in the blanks,

And rise again,

To rob some banks.

 

 

 

Boys are drawn to trouble

By a gravity unique

That causes them to tumble

From the highest mountain peak.

Advice is wasted on them,

To example they are blind,

Threats are cause for laughter,

As more mischief they will find.

Somehow parents love them

And forgive them time again.

Now that I am past all that . . .

I wish that I were ten.

 

 

 

I don't know why the necktie

Is demanded everywhere.

Me, I'd rather walk around

With collar proudly bared.

Circulation is restricted

When you tie the knot;

Your brain is starved of nourishment,

Your thinking goes to pot.

The necktie is a menace,

Hanging limply down your shirt;

It could catch on fire

And you'd sure be badly hurt.

Neckties are as silly

As a rhyme from Dr. Seuss,

And they do remind us

Of the hangman's awful noose.

Every meal you ever eat

While wearing a necktie

Just adds to the disgusting filth

Of this nylon pigsty.

So liberate your neck, my friends,

Remove that choking frill!

And leave them with the nice folks

At your neighborhood Goodwill.



Search that pays you back! Introducing Live Search cashback. Search Now!

No comments: