Monday, June 30, 2008

timericks

Eggheads claim the bumblebee

Defies the law of gravity;

Way too large for such small wings,

How if flies much anguish brings

To researcher and savant –

Leaving them quite pale and gaunt.

But what keeps me awake at night

Is not the bumblebee's mad flight.

Instead, I wonder all night long

How could our airlines go so wrong?

Flying used to be a treat,

A pleasure in each catered seat.

But now it takes an iron nerve

To fly with only rude self-serve.

No meals, no room, the bathroom stinks;

They've even cut out lukewarm drinks.

The only part without surcharge

Is when your luggage goes by barge

To some Antarctic frozen shore,

There to rot forevermore.

The pilot's drunk, they've closed the gate;

But never mind, the flight is late.

The next time I am forced to fly

A bumblebee I just might try.

 

 

I, for one, can hardly wait

For the nursing home's glad fate.

Nurses at my beck and call;

Free eats in the dining hall;

Pills to make me sleep at night;

Pills to spur my appetite;

All the TV I can view;

Wheelchair races – quite a few!

Napping in my favorite chair;

Lounging in my underwear.

Living in such classy style,

Boy, it's great to be senile!



Introducing Live Search cashback . It's search that pays you back! Try it Now

No comments: