Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Credit Score

Dear prospective manager,

Don't bother to look for

The Loch Ness Monster

or my last recorded credit score.

Both are beyond bound'ries

Where a sane man will not tread.

Both, if you should find them,

Would most surely knock you dead.

I have given ev'rything

That I have ever owned

Back unto the wretched bank,

Who once so quickly loaned

Me money for my mortgage

And my car and sundry stuff –

Yes, when they gave me credit

all the world was not enough!

Today I'm in a shelter

And my lunch is mac and cheese,

And I haven't got the income

Of a troupe of circus fleas.

A job would come in handy,

But I see by your demeanor

You'd rather see me out the door,

Much wiser and much leaner.

How I hope the people

Who are running Equifax

Eat a hearty meal

Of poison and old carpet tacks!

No comments: