Thursday, February 21, 2008

the doctor said

 

 

I went to the doctor.

The doctor said:

Without healthcare you're as good as dead.

Don't come back to bother me

Unless you can pay a hefty fee.

 

I went to the healthcare.

The healthcare sneered:

For your type we are not geared.

Get a job that covers you

When you turn all black and blue.

 

I went to my bossman.

The bossman yelped:

Sorry pal, it can't be helped.

Coverage has gone sky-high.

See your congressman and cry.

 

I went to the congress.

The congress sighed:

Healthcare is an ebbing tide.

No one wants to foot the bill.

See the Prez if you are ill.

 

I went to the Big Cheese.

The Big Cheese says:

Even though I may be Prez

We have got to fight a war –

See a priest if you are poor.

 

I went to the priestman.

The priestman prayed:

Lord, heal this sinner who has strayed!

Give him food and modest shelter.

His story is some heart-melter.

 

I went to the river.

The river purred:

Jump on in and you'll be cured.

Once you're in my cold embrace

No more problems will you face.

 

I went to the devil.

The devil laughed:

My dear sir, you got the shaft.

Down here healthcare is quite free.

But your pain lasts eternally.



Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.

No comments: