Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mortgages & Lawyers

Just in time for Xmas, lawyers find another way

To defend the innocent and make them pay & pay.

Tearing down a mortgage that was sloppily applied

Is giving certain barristers a grin that's mighty wide;

The homeowner's defaulted, but the mortgage wasn't right,

And so they keep their houses while the bank & lawyers fight.

And should the lawyer win the day and get the mortgage tossed,

He gets another mortgage that will cover the court cost.

Lawyers owning mortgages instead of some old bank

Reminds me of when pirates had their victims walk the plank.

The lesser of two evils?  I should think the evidence

Shows attorney charity to be a thin pretence.

Before I let a lawyer in on my home's final fate,

I'll find a dumpster that is warm and sleeps me & my mate.

No comments: